23.4.12

exam motivation: Starbucks

For all of you fellow students out there (especially Western U) who are still in finals this week, I thought I'd share some perfect exam motivation, and an absolute obsession of mine: Starbucks drinks! Occasionally (perhaps more than occasionally) we head to Starbucks for the perfect 'get down to business' environment! Seriously, I think I am the most productive person while I'm there - I don't know what it is - maybe a combination of caffeine and the smell of espresso! Whatever it is, a trip to Starbucks makes me super happy! It was a perfect break from the library, as I cram for my last 2 exams (hello summer)! Although I'm usually the type of girl that goes for simple caffeine, in the form of an Americano, every once and a while I like to splurge! Exam time can be tough for numerous reasons, so picking health conscious drinks shouldn't be another hassle as you balance nutrition and all nighters. So I've come up with a list of my favourite low-cal drinks to help you out!

                                     
                                               Cafe Americano 
Chai Tea 











                                     
                                                 Cafe Misto
Iced Caramel Macchiato










Personal Favourites:
Chai tea - calorie count: 0
Cafe Americano - calorie count: 10 (hot or cold; probably my top pick!)
Iced Skinny Latte - calorie count: 60
Nonfat Cafe Misto - calorie count: 60
(I like to add some extra flavour to my latte, misto, and americano by adding a sugar free flavour shot! My favourite is half vanilla, half caramel, but they're also available in cinnamon, peppermint, hazelnut and within season pumpkin) 

Splurge a little:
Iced Skinny Caramel Macchiato (or hot) - calorie count 140
Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte - calorie count 100
Caramel Frappuccino Light Blended Coffee - calorie count: 130

all nutritional values represent a tall size

If none of these picks satisfy your craving, check out the Starbucks Signature Drink feature where you can handcraft a drink to your liking and see all of the nutritional information at the same time!

all nutritional values via Starbucks

Happy studying!

aspire to inspire,