This recipe will be the last gluten-included one you will see from me on this blog for a while! Since switching to a gluten-free diet, I've been testing out some great and some not so great recipes so that I can share the great ones on this blog! Keep an eye out for that if you're interested. Until then, check out this amazing cobbler recipe. If you love blueberries as much as I do, you'll enjoy this guaranteed!!
- 1/2 stick butter, melted, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups fresh (or frozen) blueberries or blackberries
- Whipped cream and/or ice cream, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 3-quart baking dish with butter.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup sugar with the flour and milk. Whisk in the melted butter.
Rinse the blackberries and pat them dry. Pour the batter into the baking dish. Sprinkle the blackberries evenly over the top of the batter. Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over the blackberries.
3. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 1 hour.
4. When 10 minutes of the cooking time remains, sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over the top. Top with whipped cream or ice cream . . . or both!
Enjoy this sweet treat!