What you'll need (put as much or as little as you want of each):
- medium/large zucchini's
- ground meat or sausages
- goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Halve the zucchini's and scoop out with a spoon, leaving enough zucchini on each side for structure. Place in a flat oven-safe pan or dish of your choice and set aside.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, caramelize your onions (sliced and split apart) on low/medium heat with some olive oil. When they look mostly caramelized, add your mushrooms.
- While the onions are caramelizing, mix the zucchini filling with the ground meat or sausage until thoroughly mixed. Fill the zucchinis with this mixture, season with salt and pepper, and place in oven until your meat looks mostly cooked (15-20 min approx.)
- Take the zucchinis out and top with the onion/mushroom mixture. Put back in the oven until meat is 100% cooked and zucchini is baked (another 10-15 min).
- Remove from oven, serve and top with goat cheese.