Mama Kyle's Peach Crunch Dessert
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 9x13 inch pan
- 6 peaches
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (for the filling)
- 3 Tbsp flour (for the filling)
- 1 tsp lemon zest (for the filling)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (for the filling)
- 1 cup flour (for the topping)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (for the topping)
- 1 tsp baking powder (for the topping)
- 1/4 tsp salt (for the topping)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (for the topping)
- 1 egg (for the topping)
HOW WE DID IT:
- Grease a 9x13 pan. Heat oven to 375F
- Peal and slice 6 peaches into medium size bites. Combine with your filling sugar, flour, lemon rind and cinnamon.
- Pour and spread out into the pan. Set aside.
- For the topping: Combine your topping flour, gran. sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, beat one egg. Stir this into the dry mixture and mix for a minute or so until well combined.
- Place topping over fruit. Try to have as much covered as posible.
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter and pour evenly over the dessert.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Eat this masterpiece.
Hope you enjoy this recipe, I know we sure did when we had it on our cottage trip!