- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons bourbon vanilla
- 2 rounded cups chopped apples (we used macintosh)
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, whole
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Grease a deep 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a whisk to combine your dry ingredients: Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl combine the wet ingredients: Whisk till combined.
- Add the wet into the dry ingredients and stir until a smooth batter forms. If you need a tad more liquid add a tablespoon of milk at a time to achieve a smooth - but not too thin - cake batter.
- Add the apples and cranberries and stir in.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth evenly.
- Sprinkle lightly with a couple of tablespoons of sugar just to make a nice topping
- Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes until golden around the edges and firm in the center. Serves 6-8 (leftovers, yum!)